Sunday, October 31, 2010

Advice

So who do you take advice from? The most successful? The biggest failer? Me, I am learning to take it from both. Why? Sometimes those that have failed can give us as good as advice as those that have succeeded. Often, of course the most successful have failed. But what about those average that have not or not yet made a splash???? I seek out the average, and often find that they indeed have a lot to offer. Mistakes in life can become learning lessons if we learn and not repeat. My friend has made so many mistakes in his life, that if I had taken his advice, well I may be better off than today. But, I am starting to understand.........My biggest mitakes also had a lot of goodness to them as well. So I should have listed but glad today that i did not, I would have missed the most important pieces of life....................

1 comment:

  1. Well said, sir. We live in a society where "Failure is not an option". I suppose if you're trying to bring back Apollo 13 that mantra makes sense, but in everyday life it makes for bad advice indeed. The key is not whether we will fail (we will), but rather how that failure will affect us. If it leads us to a find-and-fix mentality, failure is a beautiful thing indeed!
    Jeff Shore

    ReplyDelete